Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Monday, November 12, 2007

Hunting Season!


With hunting season just around the corner, I thought I would share a hunting experience with you!

My father and I have gone hunting in Great Barrington, which is out in western MA, a bunch of times. I think this was maybe the first or second time I went. My father, my brother and I get up early one morning and head out in the woods. I go with my father and my brother goes with my dad's friend Dennis, who owned the property.

We are way out in the woods and hadn't seen a thing, when my dad decided we are going to post up around a tree. This was a giant tree. My dad says, "you stand here and face this way, and if you see anything shoot, and I will stand on the other side looking the opposite way".

We were standing there for about 20 minutes maybe and of course I was getting bored waiting for that deer to walk in front of my gun when all the sudden I heard a noise. It sounded like a snore!! Sure enough I walk around the tree and my dad was sitting on ground, back to the tree and the gun resting across his chest, SLEEPING!!! I gave him the typical "DAD" and he just got up and said "what, what, I was just resting". My dad is more of an action sports type of guy!

Needless to say we didn't get anything that year other than some Z's! If he fell asleep with a shotgun in his hand imagine him with a fishing pole!!

No comments: