Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

NH Flathead



My dad's friend Mike was over today. He is from New Hampshire. Mike collects old bikes. He recently bought 3 Indians we had here in storage. Anyway he brought a couple of bikes down with him today. One of which was a 1946 Harley Davidson Flathead.

The bike was just about all original except the fenders! It was a cool bike. My dad came up to my office and said "Jod, you have to come ride this bike!"

Outback the bike was already running. It was a jockey shift with a foot clutch AND the front brake was on the opposite side of the handlebars. Definitely rearranges everything you know about riding a bike. but nothing a Perewitz couldn't handle, right!

So I got on the bike and got a short lesson about it and off I went around the parking lot. It wasn't that hard to ride at all! When I got off Kory jumped on and took it for a spin. Both of us agreed that it was easier than Franks's Bobber that we built.

It sure is a cool bike and fun to ride.... Could one like this be in store for Perewitz? Maybe a goal could be the cover of The Horse magazine? That's one I don't think we have ever been on...








No comments: