· Top 50 Rally Park, Independent Cycle Inc., and Legend Air-Suspension have joined forces to celebrate and honor women bikers by continuing the new Sturgis tradition of Top 50 Rally Park’s “Women’s Day” Thursday, August 7, 2008 at the Top 50 Rally Park.
· The exclusive event celebrates the independence, freedom and adrenaline that inspires women to ride their own motorcycle, not just hang on for life. Top 50 Rally Park is honored to be the first Sturgis rally park to recognize the rapidly evolving image of women in the motorcycle industry by creating events designed specifically for women by women.
· The highlight of the day is the Bike for Breast Cancer Awareness - EWC (Every Woman Counts) Top 50 Rally Park Charity Ride. This year’s event will benefit Brenda Fox, a motorcycle journalist and spokesperson for women in motorcycling. Brenda has been battling with breast cancer issues and rising medical bills. This year’s ride and charity auction proceeds will assist her in getting through this difficult time, allowing the industry to give back to the woman who has helped so many motorcycle builders and parts manufacturers. The ride begins at 12:00noon and promises to be an off-the-beaten-path adventure through the Black Hills region. Registration begins at 10 a.m. Registration is $15 per person.
· The day will include short seminars designed for women, from well-known women in the industry.
o Laura Klock, the world’s fastest bagger record holder from Klock Werks Kustom Cycles with a land speed record of 147 mph will share riding tips for the racer or the daily rider at 11:00am before leading the charity ride along side Brenda Fox.
o Jody Perewitz of Perewitz Cycle Fabrication has been on and around bikes her whole life. At 3:00pm she will guide bike owners from of all levels of experience through motorcycle maintenance and customizations that anyone can do for themselves.
· Following the ride, a live charity auction featuring motorcycle parts from some of the biggest names in the industry as well as celebrity items kicks off at 4:30pm. Upcoming celebrity support will be featured on www.womenmotorcyclist.com and www.Top50RallyPark.com .
· Throughout the day Top 50 Rally Park will be hosting pit bike races for women involved in the motorcycle industry. Laura Klock, Jody Perewitz, Jessi Combs of Extreme 4x4, female builders, promoters, and magazine writers will be racing around the track on these pint-sized machines battling it out for first place in the Motorcycle Industry, World Pit-bike Finals!
· Women’s Day visitors will also have the chance to see the Legend Top 50 Custom Bike Show builders and bikes on display including those competing in the NEW “Women Builders” division.
· Brenda Fox is currently gaining strength and is committed to helping woman overcome challenges related to breast cancer and on a whole. She says “This project gives me a platform to get stronger and turn my situation around for a great cause. I love life on two wheels and I AM so thankful I can enjoy the journey of the ride with others. The motorcycle industry had given me support at a time my life crashed. I look forward to raising awareness for the Every Woman Counts Cancer program and this ride will allow us to reach out to a much bigger picture. I am grateful to have the opportunity."
· Top 50 Rally Park is a premier vending and events destination during the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally, exclusive home to Jason Britton and Jason Pullen stunt performances and more. For further information on the park itself, special guests, and events exclusive to Top 50 Rally park go to www.Top50RallyPark.com